Pages

Wednesday 12 August 2015

The 30 Day Yogance Challenge - A Personal Achievement



I'm 12 days into a 30 day Yoga come Dance ' Yogance'  challenge with a friend. Getting back on track and pushing ourselves to achieve something.



Yesterday I was in the studio trying to pull the first 11 days together. I'm rusty and struggling with the balancing but that can only get better. On day 31 we've agreed to meet in a studio to record the whole dance which I think will be fun. We are both competitive souls so the pressure is on and to be honest I can't wait :)

I made the big mistake today of not warming up properly so I have some creaking going on in the back area. When will I ever learn. I also video'd it, which was strange. How I used to dance and what I can do now is miles apart. A part of me is embarrassed but I am going to conquer that because it's inevitable that our bodies age and the functioning of muscles and joints break down over time. It's more about just doing it, what ever.

I'm putting the video out there for people 'who want to but don't think they can'. My message is free up, forget rigid alignment and feel the movement. For me it's about movement and the flow. The feeling of the transition of going from one move to another, the transference of weight and the body working as one. It doesn't matter what you look like, it's what you feel like.  If I can do it at my age so can you!

Anyway, if you follow my progress I hope it motivates you to get up and move in some form. Challenges are always good to get you back on track.

This is me now. The light is still on and the door is open. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life of Sky. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig