Pages

Thursday 19 March 2015

Juicy : Los Angeles


As soon as I arrived in Los Angeles I bought a Nutri Bullet Juicer because I just have to start my day with some kind of fresh juice. Be it sweet or savoury.


There are litterly loads of shops here that just sell juice. One in particular is called 'Juice' Its that simple, but that expensive. Roughly $12 for 500ml. It comes in the thickest glass container I have ever seen. I feel I can't throw it aways it's so nice. I went for the Pixie and OMG it was divine. Money well spent.


There's The Pressed Juicery Store in Larchmont Village opposite Yogaworks with juices for $6.50. Comes in plastic bottles but hay I'm happy.  Fridge - Straw - Gulp - Gone. I'm not a sipper, I just get that nutritional liquid fix into my system as quick as.


Jamba Juice is a large chain of juice bars and it's good value if you dont mind frozen fruit. Less than $5 dollars and you've got a refeshing juice made on the spot. 


It's all very well drinking juice but we must remember fruit is full of sugar so go easy on the fruit ones as they are calorie and acid loaded. Its the green juices that are the heavy weights. Opt for the 'greenies' as they have the most nutritional value and alkalising.


Juicing to me is a necessaity. Part of my daily ritual...hahaha. Vegetables are best organic but don't let that stop you juicing if they're not. The quality of each organic produce lies in where it was grown. I buy it in good faith and with trust. The natural rain, earth, river, cloud cycle is not so organic as we know but we have to work with what we've got! 



Here are some mixes for the Liver

10 Foods for the Liver

Happy juicing  :)

Sky










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life of Sky. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig